Monday, September 2, 2013

Blog Assignment #1

If I Built A School

If I had a chance to build a school, it would be a High School from grades 9th through 12th, and I would be teaching Physical Education. In my classroom I would be teaching my student the importantance of Physical Education and being physically active.
I understand that not all student learn the same, so I will use different teaching methods to make sure that every student in my classroom is learning what is being taught. Some of the methods I would use in my class is drama role playing, gaming and simulation, and use of technology.

What Do I Want My Students To Know

In my class I would want my students to know and understand that Physical Education plays a major role in students development and growth. Also I would want my students to know that being physically active helps prevent measures against disease, its a program for muscle strength, it promotes academic learning, it builds self esteem, it develops teamwork and sportsmanship skills, and it promotes a physically active lifestyle for the future.


What Do I Want My Students To Be Able To Do

Before my student leave my class, I would want my students to be able to understand principles of motor behavior which include motor learning, motor development, and psycho-social aspects of physical activity. I would also like for my students to be able to learn activities that improve movement and balance.











What Would Be My Primary Way Of Teaching My Students What I Want Them To Know

One of my main primary teaching methods would be the use of technology, because with technology a person can do numerous of activities. I would also use hands on teaching skills because records shows that most students learn better for hands on experience. Since I am majoring in Physical Education, I would allow my students time in class to practice and learn how to master any skills that are being taught.




No comments:

Post a Comment