Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Assignment #5


Personal Learning Network


A personal learning network is a powerful professional development tool that allows teachers and administrators to connect with other teachers and administrators across the country. A personal learning network allows educators to seek advice, trade best practices, or simply network with other professionals. These connections are typically formed through social media outlets including Google, Twitter, Facebook, and etc. A good way to create a PLN is to keep up with personal social contacts such as family, friends, and former students. Also stay connected with educators around the world who share best practice and resource information. You can also share bookmarks with others, see what others are bookmarking and join groups to get updates on new bookmarks.
The power of a personal learning network


In creating my personal learning network, I decided to use Symbaloo as my guide to getting started. While creating my PLN, I discovered so much helpful information that I can use now and in my future career. On the first row of my PLN, I decided to incorporate social sites that I thought would be the most beneficial and helpful to me towards my career. I added twitter, Google, Blogger, Yahoo, and Facbook. I also added other helpful tools such as, different pharmacies, the weather channel, Skype, and Youtube. As a professional educator, it is highly important that we do not assume we know it all. Know one is perfect and know one knows the correct answer to to everything.
Creating a personal learning network

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job summarizing the idea of a PLN. I chose to use Netvibes myself, but just like you I was amazed at the amount of information out there to help us. It also sounds like you have a great start to your PLN. Good luck with it and I will be curious to see what sources you find.

    ReplyDelete