Sunday, September 28, 2014

C4K Summary for Month September



C4K #1

In my C4K #1, my student was a year 8 student at PT England School in Auckland, NZ. My student name was Mikaiah and in his most recent blog post, he was describing this Tukutuku pattern that he was assigned to do by his teacher. In his blog post, he simply explained how to figure out the steps in completing the pattern. He gave some examples of different patterns and he also created a list of steps that would help his audience figure out how to complete the patterns. In my comment to his blog post, I told him that I really liked his blog post and that we had a lot of things in common. Also I figured out how to complete the pattern and explained to him that the pattern was counting in multiples of three.
Tukutuku Patterns


C4K #2

In my C4K #2, I was assigned to a 5th grade student by the name of Seth. In Seth most recent blog post, he wrote a blog about his job as being on safety patrol at school. Seth really enjoyed his job because he was able to leave class early so that he could set up and be prepared to perform his duties as a safety patrol hall monitor. He also mentioned that being on safety patrol is pretty hard and a bit frustrating because he had to stay on his best behavior and he hardly had a chance to hang out with his friends. In my comment to Seth blog, I told him that having a job at his age is a great way to teach him how to be a responsible student at a young age and keep him out of trouble. I also told him that he will inspire all the other students to be on their best behavior so that they will have an opportunity to be on safety patrol as well. You can visit Seth's blog and his classmates blog at Mrs Schramls Class.
School Safety Patrol


C4K #3

In my C4K #3, I was assigned to a student by the name of Olivia. Olivia was a fourth grade student and she had a great talent in selling popcorn. In her most recent blog post, Olivia wrote a post about which is more important, "having a talent or hard work." She stated that hard work would be more important than having a talent, and I personally think she is correct. In my comment to Olivia blog post, I told her that hard work is more important than having a talent because although a person is talented at something, they still have to work hard in order to maintain that talent. I also told her that I was glad she was able to discover one of her many talents and that she did an awesome job on selling a $1000 worth of popcorn in two weeks.
What's your talent

No comments:

Post a Comment