Sunday, October 12, 2014

Implications and Teaching Opportunities for Camera Use in Teaching and Learning



Part A

Where would the world be without Smartphone’s? Let me start off by saying that I would absolutely have a nervous breakdown the second I discover my Smartphone is not in my presence. I myself would fall under each category that is listed in the data on Zogby Analytics. However, I believe that having a camera is important, but I am not obsessed with taking photos every minute of my life like some people I know unless I am celebrating at a special event or something in that nature. I will admit that I am a victim of never letting my Smartphone leave my side. It has become so bad to the point that I do not like to let people use my phone for any reason. Also each morning I wake up, the first thing I do is roll over and check my phone for miss calls, text messages, Facebook notifications, or Etc.
Smartphone's


As listed in the above data, 24.1% of the entire world population has a Smartphone. That means that billions of people are staying connected with the latest technology all around the world. In today's society, kids as young as five years of age have a Smartphone. Smartphone’s have became so popular that I can see how they can be a big distraction for adults and especially for school age kids. I like to think of Smartphone’s as a gift and a curse because they are extremely helpful for one's needs, but they can also get you into a lot of trouble. iPhones are extremely popular as well, but I am more of an android guy. With an android phone, you have access to much more free apps versus an iPhone. Having a Smartphone is just like having a mini computer because you can search the web to seek any information that is beneficial for your health. Also you can download Skype, blogger, have access to twitter, or YouTube, which is very helpful because most schools are beginning to incorporate these tools into their school systems and classrooms to help enhance students ability to cope with the 21st Century Teaching Skills. Without Smartphone’s, the world would be moving at a much slower paste. I see why people Smartphone never leave their side, because without it, we would be lost in the world.

Part B

I have yet to see anything in education that generates excitement and motivates students the way tablets or Smartphone’s do. Being that I am a Physical Education teacher, I still find tablets and Smartphone’s to be very helpful and bring much excitement into my classroom. There are several activities I can incorporate into my classroom using a Smartphone or tablet. One example is that I can set up one tablet on the smart board and use it to play music that my students can step to during our step and aerobic lesson. I can also show my entire class how to download apps that are beneficial to their health such as MyPyramid App, which is an app design to help people eat balanced meals. Another helpful app would be the Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker app, which helps keep track of the food people put into their body. These apps can be used during school as well as outside of school to help students maintain a healthy fit life style. The last example is one that I think all students would enjoy. On Friday, I would allow my students to have a free day and search any information or play any games that they would like to play that have been filtered and confirmed by the Alabama State Board of Education.
Smartphone's and Tablets

No comments:

Post a Comment