Sunday, October 12, 2014

Project #4



C4T #2 Summary #1

In my C4T #2 post #1, I was assigned to John Spencer. John Spencer is a teacher, author, speaker, incessant doodler, and perpetual bender of paper clips. In his most recent blog post, John posted a blog about how we cannot predict the effects of technology. I found this post to be very interesting because any topic discussing or explaining the use of technology is a good one. He talked about the dominant narratives he's seen revolving around the apple watch. The first vision was how wearable connectivity will make life better for people such as, using the watch to diagnose diseases, utilizing more accurate exercise regiments, and staying connected with friends and family while being more mobile. The second vision explained the down falls of technology, such as lacking of privacy and full of tech addiction, where nobody is able to pay attention to the world around them. In my comment to John's blog, I explained to him that I agree with both views. Technology has become to be extremely helpful far as making things easier for people, such as communication, transportation, and researching information. I also agreed that lacking of privacy is one of the biggest down falls about the use of technology.

C4T #2 Summary #2

In my C4T #2 post #2, I also was assigned to John Spencer. In this blog post, John was explaining that a person first draft will probably suck, and that is okay. John made a great point when he mentioned that suckin' at something is the first step to actually being good at something. He goes on to say that we are living in an instant publish world. A person may write a paper and expect for the first draft to be perfect, which in most cases that is never the outcome. I think that people are failing to realize that practice makes perfect and that the first draft may not be perfect but in due time, things will start to get better with practice. In my comment to John's post, I told him that I was so glad to hear him say that because I often find myself getting upset when I fail at something on the first try. I also told him that his blogs give me so much life and re-ensure me that there is still hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment