Sunday, November 23, 2014

Blog Assignment #14



List of problems and there associated solutions that should be addressed.

  • Giving far more school choices to families
  • Using technology to improve teaching and learning

I particularly choose these two examples because I thought they were some interesting topics to discuss. For my first example, I am not sure if I honestly agree or disagree with this statement because I know several parents who are not necessary picky about where their child attend school but they have certain preferences. Not saying that anything is wrong with that because I would also as a parent want my child to receive the best education if I had options in my particular area. The only problem I see with this issue is that all cities or towns are not the same in their population side. Some school districts have only one school serving each grade; others may have several schools for all or some grades. For Example, a child that is from a very small cities or town may only have one school in his or her home district and therefore would not be able to explore other options. However, I do think that it would be an excellent idea if parents could decide what school their children attend.
School choice

For my second example, I highly agree with this statement simply because as a future educator, I have begun to notice that technology is a great new way of teaching and learning for both teachers and the students. Also Dr Strange always stresses the fact that technology is the new way of learning and he is absolutely correct. More and more schools are beginning to incorporate technology into their classrooms, so if you are wondering how kids are becoming so smart and computer literate, the use of technology and the 21st century teaching skills is the correct answer. Technology can be used in several different ways in a classroom, for example; an instructor may restructure a lecture into a group activity, having students conduct online research to boost their understanding. With such a vast reference tool, the students might pose questions that no one in the class, not even the teacher himself, can answer.
Using technology


Whether or not parents are able to decide what school their child attends, I also feel that parents should play their part in making sure that their child receives the best education by helping their child with their homework, practicing reading and writing skills, or being involved in school activities. With a world of information at their fingertips nowadays, it seems like kids should be finding it easier than ever to succeed in school. You can never go wrong by incorporating technology into your class. Technology makes it easier to spend more overall time on learning, it allow students to collaborate and share ideas, and practice communication skills all while having fun at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Javious,
    I liked your post and agree that technology is a very important and useful tool for teaching. I agreed with author's stance on this issue because through EDM310 and observations in schools I have noticed an increase in technology. In every classroom, there was at least a smart board the teachers used to give notes, practice exercises, and other useful activities.

    ReplyDelete